Bestest friend
People who have watched Ae Dil Hai Mushkil might remember Ayan and Alizeh. Except for the part where Ayan falls in love with Alizeh, I’ve always found their emotional connection deeply beautiful.
When I first watched the movie, I never imagined I’d meet someone who would mirror that kind of bond in my own life. But two years ago, I did. I met this beautiful soul, gentle, empathetic, soft-spoken, and effortlessly lovable. From the very beginning, there was an instant emotional connection, one that words still fail to explain. Knowing that the feeling was mutual made it even more special.
Since then, life feels divided into before him and after him. No matter how many arguments, disagreements, or fights we’ve had, we’ve always found our way back to each other. From having no boundaries at all to consciously choosing to create them, we’ve changed, grown, and learned, though we still have a long way to go.
What makes our journey unique is how we’ve walked through similar struggles, often without sharing everything, choosing instead to protect the peace we find in each other. That, unknowingly, became one of the best things about us. I’m certain that no matter how time passes, neither of us will ever forget the connection we share. I hope it never fades.
And the strangest part? We’ve only met twice.
Yet the comfort, the ease, and the irritation, all wrapped in the same person, are rare. We’d rather threaten each other with a slap out of mock hatred than express love openly. But the hug happened. The slap never did. And I’m glad it stayed that way.
Lately, things haven’t been easy. Still, I hold onto hope for better days, for both of us.
Everyone has someone like this in their life. Someone who quietly shapes them, understands them, stays. It’s time we acknowledge and appreciate their presence.
I miss the Ayan to my Alizeh.
Do you?
Comments
Post a Comment